Fare-Free Transit Program
TTD is offering zero-fare service on all transit routes to make travel safer in response to COVID-19 by eliminating fare exchanges between transit operators and riders. This accelerated roll-out of TTD’s planned transition to a zero-fare program is intended to assist the community during this difficult time and enable passengers and operators to minimize risks by following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) social distancing guidelines.
Pay Your Fare Zero Fare
Passengers are required to pay the fare at the time of boarding the bus and are expected to have the fare ready. Passengers must pay the exact fare; operators cannot make change. Passengers who cannot pay the fare will not be allowed to board the bus. Only TTD fare cards and cash are accepted. Checks, ATM or credit cards are not accepted. No refunds, exchanges, or credit provided on passes. Passes and fares are not transferable and TTD is not responsible for lost or stolen passes.
Reduced Fares Zero Fare
The following persons are eligible for a reduced fare:
- Persons 65 years of age and older;
- Persons who receive Medicare benefits;
- Veterans with a Service Connected Disability designation on their Veteran’s Identification Card; and
- Persons with disabilities who meet TTD’s eligibility criteria developed under the guidelines established by the ADA and described in Appendix A of the South Shore Area ADA Paratransit Service Policies and Procedures
Eligible persons must prove eligibility when boarding the
bus and/or purchasing a fare.
- Persons 65 years of age and older can prove eligibility by presenting a valid photo identification card (e.g. state issued ID card or driver’s license).
- Persons who receive Medicare can prove eligibility by presenting the Medicare card and a photo identification card.
- Veterans with the Service Connected Disability designation on their Veteran’s Identification Card can prove eligibility by presenting the Veteran’s Identification Card.
- Persons with disabilities who meet TTD’s eligibility criteria can only prove eligibility by applying for, receiving and presenting TTD’s Paratransit identification card.