Policies and Procedures
Complementary Paratransit Service is a shared-ride, origin to destination, transportation service, provided to:
- Seniors age 65 and over with government issued photo ID.
- Veterans of any age with a service connected disability.
- Individuals under 65 with a medically verified disability.
To schedule a ride:
Call 530-541-7149 and press 3.
Reservations are taken between 6:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. daily. Next day reservations must be made before 8:00 p.m. Same day reservations are accommodated when possible, but there are no guarantees.
Within the baseline 1-mile service area (shown in green):
$3.00 Zero Fare
Trips originating or terminating within the extended service area:
$6.00 Zero Fare
**Free Fares for Safety Read More >
Paratransit Rider Guide
Personal Care Attendants (PCAs) travel for free with eligible passengers.
Paratransit is offered within one mile of fixed routes, and also to Kingsbury Grade within the Baseline Service Area.
Regulations require public transportation entities to make reasonable modifications to their transit service policies, practices, and procedures to ensure that programs are accessible to individuals with disabilities.
Individuals with disabilities may request that TTD make reasonable modifications to its policies, practices, and procedures in order for that individual to fully use transit services. TTD will accommodate requests provided that:
- The requestor would not be able to fully use the service without the modification;
- The fundamental nature of the service, program or activity is not altered;
- It does not cause a direct threat to the health and safety of others; and
- It does not cause an undue financial and administrative burden.
Any person seeking a reasonable modification who wants to appeal a reasonable modification determination, or who believes he or she has been discriminated against on the basis of a disability, may submit a modification request, appeal, or complaint for handling in accordance with related procedures that are described in TTD’s South Shore Area ADA Paratransit Service Policies and Procedures.
For additional information, please contact:
Tahoe Transportation District
P.O. Box 499
Zephyr Cove, NV 89448
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org